STEAM POWERED GIRAFFE

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Entry #2 - The Thing About Short Hair

So I'm sure there are other girls out there who feel the same way I do about having short hair. It can be intense at times and then not so intense other times. Let's face it, having short hair can be great, with the occasional epicness of waking up some mornings and having it look one-hundred percent perfect, or sliding into the bathroom and being able to do a million and one things with it. But sometimes, short hair is not so great. We've all been there, right? You wake up sometimes and your hair is sticking out in every direction, or people come up from behind to talk to you not realizing that you're actually a female.

---

I decided to cut my hair short in 2011 because I was tired of having long hair. My hair was super thick and extended all the way down to my hips and had been that way for many years. I wanted something different, so my father took me to Walmart and I had them chop it all off. - It may seem weird to go there for a haircut but it's the only place in town that's was able to cut my hair the way I wanted it with no trouble. - I've had short hair ever since that day. 


The video 12 Things Short Haired Girls Know To Be True by BuzzFeed Yellow - posted above - truly defines most of my thoughts when it comes to short hair. I however, never mastered the art of bobby pins. I'm not exactly sure what it is that I would need them for. I barely have any hair to pin back anyway. There are always times when I miss my long hair, but I don't plan on growing my hair out any time soon. For some reason, I feel as though having short hair is perfect for me. It defines who I am as a person. Besides, everyone has a defining factor, right?

~The Luna Diviner, Rin

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this entry because i'm sure girls with short hair can really relate to you, but also because you like who you are and what defines you no matter what anyone thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've chopped all of my hair off several times, and I'm thinking of doing it again. I can relate to people mistaken you as male until they've actually come up to you. In third grade, all the little kids would ask if I was a boy or girl since the related short hair to being a male feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks great, Rin. You obviously know how to work the tech! Good entry topics. Work on more content development to create more significance for your audience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to cut my hair short, I'm ready for a change! and you really make the short cut work for you. I can relate to your situation in some ways because I'm still till this day mistaken for a boy because of my style of choice. Especially with the younger kids that haven't really been exposed to people of different sexual preferences... Anyways! I admire your blog its very interesting!

    ReplyDelete