STEAM POWERED GIRAFFE

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Entry #8 - Fruity Loops Studio

I remember being a freshman in high school and wanting nothing more than to create amazing remixes of video game music. I would always go on YouTube and listen to remixes of the soundtracks found of Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon. One of my favorite remixers was Lockerz102 - Who happened to fall off the face of he earth - I messaged him one day and asked how he did it. He explained that he used a program called Fruity Loops Studio and downloaded these song files called MIDIs. He imported these files into FL Studio and remixed them from there.

I spent many hours trying to craft my first remix. I went online and found a MIDI file of the Champion battle theme from Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. - I know, I know. Pokemon - I imported my file, changed the instruments around and finished my first remix. I was so proud of myself that I started a YouTube channel and uploaded my remix for the world to see.



Now that I go back and listen to this, I realize how terrible this remix was. Wow it's bad. I guess it's alright for a first remix though.

Every year I go back and re-remix this song. Here's the most recent version:



I have to admit that this version is far better than my first attempt. Wouldn't you agree? I did this one last year in August so I guess it's time to remix it again.

I do more than just remix now. I compose my own music and upload some of it to my YouTube channel. Here's the first song I ever wrote:


For some reason, I couldn't take it straight from YouTube. Oh well. Now I guess this one isn't too bad. At this point I already had some music abilities developed. I used the instruments from previous Pokemon games, or Soundfonts, to create this song. My latest upload to YouTube, however, does not use these Soundfonts.



I've written things since then. I've just been too busy to upload anything. Which is fine. I'l get around to it eventually. All of the songs uploaded to this channel in particular are battle themes. So they aren't really supposed to "flow" the same way a song of a different genre would. 

Now I know I don't have many subscribers or views or anything like that. But who cares? I upload my music because it's something I enjoy doing. Not because I'm looking for subscribers. I actually started a new YouTube channel for my violin work and my newer songs that don't have anything to do with video games or battle music. Once I get some songs up on that one I'll provide a link so you can see what I'm actually capable of. 

~The Luna Diviner, Rin

1 comment:

  1. pretty dope stuff...but its all about #Protools lol. i really like that violin sounding one.

    ReplyDelete